Intermodal transportation is a critical component of local and global trade, but not all intermodal trucking companies are created equal. As such, one of the first questions we ask all our new clients is why they decided to leave the company they’re currently using. We’ve compiled a list of the most common pain points our clients have expressed when working with companies that don’t always have their best interests at heart:
- Delays: One of the most common issues companies face with intermodal trucking are delays in shipments of goods. Typically this occurs because of a lack of communication between the trucking company and the client, or poor planning and coordination of the shipment.
- Poor customer service: If you’ve ever worked in, or with, the service industry, you know that not everyone can be a “people person.” Without soft skills, clients are left feeling unsatisfied due to a number of reasons such as unresponsive or unhelpful customer service representatives, a lack of clear communication, or a general feeling of being brushed off.
- Hidden fees: Hidden fees are not an uncommon practice in any industry, which is why some companies may try to add hidden fees to their services, which leads to feelings of being misled and overcharged. Some may even exclude these fees in the initial quote, leaving clients to pick up the tab later on.
- Inaccurate tracking: Inaccurate or incomplete tracking information can leave clients feeling anxious and unsure about the whereabouts of their shipment. This can be incredibly frustrating if the cargo is time-sensitive or highly valuable.
- Poor quality of service: At the end of the day, some companies may excel in avoiding all of the issues above but provide substandard service overall, such as poorly maintained trucks or unprofessional drivers. As an end result, a client’s goods may be damaged, deliveries are late, and they lose confidence in the company’s ability to safely and efficiently transport goods.
At Sunburst Truck Lines, we believe that our clients only deserve the best. We address these common pain points by providing transparent communication, up-to-date tracking systems, upfront pricing with no hidden fees, and flexible scheduling options that prioritize our clients’ needs. If you’re looking for a new intermodal trucking company out of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, TX or Savannah, GA, reach out to our team today to start experiencing the quality you deserve.